Hey our dear fans of card games! You all surely know that a card game is basically any gambling activity that is played with cards according to specific rules. Basically, the rules serve as some kind of instruction that tells how to play a certain casino card game. That’s why this article serves to inform you about different kinds of card games as well as teach you how to play the most popular casino card games. Go on reading to learn all the secrets!
Card Games and Their Variety
To begin with, there are myriads of card games (CG) to choose from. Some of them were invented several millennia ago, while others appeared quite recently. Evidently, all of them were played using traditional card decks and following more or less standardized rules. However, owing to the outstanding variety of this kind of gambling activities, there are so-called folk games whose rules differ depending on the culture, region, and even players.
While this article is focused primarily on casino CG, we still find it essential to share with you different kinds of CG for you to be aware of their stunning variety vividly illustrated in the list below.
- Trick-taking such as Spades, Bridge, Euchre, Whist, 500, and Tarot variations like Königrufen, Neunzehnerrufen, Cego, Hungarian Tarock, Zwanzigerrufen, Tapp-Tarock / Dreiertarock, Illustrated Tarock, Point Tarock, Troggu, Stroh Mandeln, Großtarock (modern Viennese style) and so on and so forth.
- Matching such as Rummy, Mahjong, Go Fish (for kids), Old Maid (for kids) etc.
- Shedding that include Crazy Eights (Uno), Daihinmin, Phase 10, Rummikub, I Doubt It, Old Maid (for kids), Bartok, Big two, Cheat, Cabo, Castle, Crazy Eights, Domino, Durak, Eleusis, Flaps, Flinch, Give Me the Brain, Goita, Haggis, Irish switch, Jack Change It, Jungle Speed, Kings in the Corner, Ligretto, Musta Maija, Once Upon a Time, Pusoy dos, Quatorze, Red nines, Schweinchen, Snip-Snap-Snorum, Speed, Spit, Take the Train, Taki, Unteranlegen, Voller Hund, Wild escape, Yaniv, Zehnerlegen and so on.
- Catch and collect such as Slapjack, Egyptian Ratscrew, Top Trumps, My Ship Sails, Beggar-my-neighbour, Ninety-nine, Schlafmütze, War etc.
- Fishing that include but not limited to the following: Scopa, Cassino, Zwicker, Seep, Tablanet, Bastra, Cuarenta, Diplomat, Escoba, Go-Stop, Hawaiian-style Koi-Koi, Jack Change It, Koi-Koi, Mulle, Pasur, Scopone, Skwitz, Tablanet, Zwicker and so on.
- Comparing such as Poker, 600, Blackjack, Ambigu, Baccarat, Bank, Bastra, Bingo, Brelan, Chor Voli, Commune, Crash, Crossfire, Ghost player position, Gleek, Goofspiel, Lansquenet, Mini-Baccarat, Monte Bank, Pasur, Pok Deng, Post and pair, Primo visto, Pusoy dos, Quinze, Ranter-Go-Round, Rummoli, Speculation, Tong-its, Trente et Quarante, Yaniv and so on and so forth.
- Solitaire or Patience like Birthday, Eight Cards, Good Thirteen, Päckchen, Patience sorting, Pegged, Solitaire Expert, Travellers etc.
- Drinking gambling options that include Around the World, Beer card, Kings, Lorum, Ninety-nine, Patruni e sutta, President, Pyramid, Quodlibet, Scarto, Toepen etc.
- Multi-genre such as Rummy and its variations, Skitgubbe, Old Maid, Poke, Go Fish, Pinochle, Belote, Gleek, Tichu and so on.
- Collectible that include the following gambling options: 7th Sea, Adrenalyn XL, Allegiance: War of Factions, Austin Powers, Bella Sara, Card binder, Codename: Kids Next Door, Da share z0ne, Echelons of Fury, Fight Klub, Richard Garfield, Hyborian Gates, Illuminati: New World Order, Juvenile Orion, Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride, The Last Crusade, Magic: The Gathering, Marvel Superstars, Netrunner, Ophidian 2350, Pirates, Quest for the Grail, Rangers Strike, Sangokushi Taisen, Star Wars: Destiny, Tempest of the Gods, Universal Fighting System, Vampire: The Eternal Struggle, World Club Champion Football, World of Warcraft, X-Men, X610Z and many more!
- Poker CG such as Texas hold ’em, Omaha, Razz, 2-7 Triple Draw, Anaconda, Seven-card Stud, Mexican stud, Five-card Stud, H.O.R.S.E, Seven-card stud Eight-or-better, Omaha High-low Mixed, Holdem Mixed, Eight Game Mix, High Chicago, Low Chicago, Follow the Queen, Countdown, Billabong, Shanghai, Manila, Guts, Five-O poker, Chinese poker, Kuhn poker and so on and so forth.
- Dedicated include the following gambling options: 6 Nimmt!, 24 Game, 1000 Blank White Cards, Alpha Blitz, Apples to Apples, Bears vs. Babies, Chez Geek, Dead Man’s Draw, Exploding Kittens, Free Parking, Ganjapa, Give Me the Brain, Grave Robbers from Outer Space, Havok & Hijinks, Infinite Armies, Jasmine: The Battle for the Mid-Realm, Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot, Lord of the Fries, Mage Wars Arena, Naval War, Puzzle Strike: Bag of Chips, Rejection Therapy, Saboteur 2, Star Fleet Battle Force, The Binding of Isaac: Four Souls, Unexploded Cow, Viewpoint, What Do You Meme?, Who’s the Ass?, Wings of War, Woodland Snap, X610Z, Xactika etc.
Casino Card Games
Casino card games is the most popular type of CG that is incredibly loved by gamblers. Evidently, casino CG are typically played with wagers, however many gambling websites also can offer you to try them absolutely free of charge. The main difference between casino card games and other types of card games is that the latter were meant for fun, while casino card games have been specially designed in such a way that the betting process is considered quite a strategic part of the card game you are playing. Another peculiar thing about casino card games is that they can be played either against the house or between several players.
The variety of casino card games include yet, certainly, not limited the following gambling options: Blackjack, 3 Card Poker, 4 Card Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, Let It Ride, Spanish 21, Casino War, Super Fun 21, Vegas Three Card Rummy, Texas Holdem, Omaha, 7 Card Stud and so on and so forth. Evidently, the rules for all these games differ, so it’s rather difficult to answer the question “How to play casino card games” because it’s too general. That’s why we’ll teach you how to play only the most popular casino card games. Check it out in the following sections.
How to Play Blackjack?
No denying, Blackjack is the most popular casino card game, so it’s quite difficult to find a gambler who has never played it. Or at least the one who has watched other people playing it. Don’t worry if you haven’t. Anyway, we’re here to teach you how to play this exciting card game. Mind that Blackjack is played against the house.
Basically, as the game starts, each player gets two cards. Dealer also gets two cards, one is face down, while another is face up. In such a way, you can see one of the dealer’s cards. Mind that each card has a certain value measured in points. 21 is the best number of points you can get. If you exceed 21, you lose.
As soon as all players, including the dealer, have cards, Blackjack players take turns to make one of the following options:
- Hit (get another card);
- Stand that is also known as stick, stay or stand pat (don’t take any more cards);
- Double down (make your initial bet twice higher; the next step has to be stand pat after getting one card);
- Split (this option is available only if your initial two cards are of the same value; you can split these into two hands and get two more extra cards so that there are two cards in your hand; you have to place a bet for each of the hands; each hand plays individually and has its own wagers);
- Surrender (this option is available only as the first decision of a hand; in this case you’ll lose only half of your bet).
At this stage, the main goal is to avoid busting, which means exceeding 21. If you do, you simply lose. If all the players bust, the dealer simply flips over their hole cards and completes her or his hand. The main rule for dealers is that they always hit on 16 and stand on 18 or more. The winner is the one whose hand has the most points, yet shouldn’t exceed 21.
Be aware that house rules typically differ from one casino to another. In addition, Blackjack rules also depend on it variation. The most popular Blackjack variations include the following: Classic Blackjack, Bonus Blackjack, Progressive Blackjack, European Blackjack, Spanish Blackjack or Spanish 21, Vegas Downtown Blackjack, Vegas Strip Blackjack, Atlantic City Blackjack, Double Exposure, Blackjack Switch, Pontoon, Live Blackjack, Super Fun 21, 21st-Century Blackjack or Vegas Style Blackjack, Pontoon, Double Attack Blackjack, Blackjack Switch and so on and so forth. If you want to play one of these variations, make sure to check the rules.
In addition, we highly recommend you to play with the following world’s leading developers of Blackjack: Microgaming, Betsoft, Evolution Gaming, Netent, Extreme Live Gaming, Playtech, and Ezugi.
To achieve the best results while playing Blackjack, we strongly recommend you to follow one of the following strategies: Basic strategy, Composition-dependent strategy, or Advantage play that includes Card counting, Shuffle tracking, and Identifying concealed cards.
How to Play Baccarat?
Baccarat is fairly the most loved casino card game of high rollers since it has the highest stakes in the world. In fact, that’s also the most favourite game of James Bond who plays it in many novels. Moreover, there’s also the Bond film of 1953 known as Casino Royale whose entire plot revolves around James Bond playing Baccarat with the SMERSH operative Le Chiffre.
Ironically, Baccarat is also known as a card game or baccara. In fact, Baccarat is quite easy to play. The main point of baccarat is to place a bet on one of the following gaming outcomes: the banker’s win, the player’s win, or a tie. Basically, that’s all. All you can do as soon as the wager is placed is simply watching the game and hoping your bet will bring you a victory!
Since the main idea of this game is simply watching how the player competes with the banker for the best hand, you don’t really need to know any rules. Evidently, the winner is the one with the highest score. If that’s the one you’ve bet on, you win; if not, you lose. Basically, it’s as simple as that.
As you might have guessed, since Baccarat is really popular, there are different variations of it. The most popular ones include the following: Punto banco (that includes Mini-baccarat, Super 6 or Punto 2000, and EZ Baccarat), Chemin de fer, Baccarat Banque, Macao. Be aware that the house edge as well as the rules closely depend on the variation of baccarat that you are playing.
Should you be interested in the best developers of baccarat, we highly recommend you to play with the following world leaders: Microgaming, Skillonnet, Netent, World Match, Rival, Realtime Gaming (RTG), Playtech, Betsoft, Ezugi, Evolution Gaming, Extreme Live Gaming, and Nothumb.
How to Play Poker?
Poker definitely belongs to the top three casino card games since it’s loved by many land based and online gamblers around the world. What is particular about this category of casino card games is that it’s not only played in casinos for real money or for free, but also it’s quite popular for social gambling. The coolest thing about poker is that it perfectly combines skills with psychology.
For some reason, poker games are more popular in land based casinos compared to gambling websites. While many land based casinos, especially big and popular ones, can offer you playing in specially designed poker rooms where you can enjoy lots of exciting poker games and the gameplay with real people, far not all gambling websites even single out poker as a casino games category. Nevertheless, you can surely enjoy this amazing casino card games in many online casinos if you search for it in the section named ‘other games’ or anything of that kind.
While the rules of poker differ from one variation to another, what unites them all is the list of winning combinations. Check them out below, from the highest to the lowest:
- Royal flush is the best combination that you can ever get in poker; it consists of the string of the five highest cards (A, K, Q, J, 10) of the same suit;
- Straight flush consists of the sequence of five cards of the same suit;
- Four of a kind is a combination in which there has to be four cards of the same rank;
- Full house is basically a combination of two less significant combinations, which are the pair and three of a kind;
- Flush is a combination that consists of any five cards (not in the sequence) of the same suit;
- Straight is a sequence of five cards (not of the same suit).
- Three of a kind is a combination that is made up of three cards of the same rank.
- Two pair is basically a combination of four cards, each two of them have to be of the same rank.
- Pair is evidently two cards of the same rank. The higher your pair, the higher your winning chances are!
- High Card is the worst (or less significant) combination that you can get in poker. If none of the poker players have none of all the combinations listed above, then the one who has nothing else but a high card (not necessarily an ace or king, it can be simply the highest card on the table) becomes a winner of the round.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that there are myriads of poker variations. The most popular poker casino games include the following: Texas Holdem, Omaha, 7 Card Stud, Pai Gow Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, 3 Card Poker, 4 Card Poker, Let It Ride
Overall, card games are really fun and easy to play. As you can see it yourself, there are so many different casino card games that it’s utterly impossible to answer the question ‘how to play casino card games?’. Evidently, each game is more or less unique and has its own rules and peculiarities. That’s why we highly recommend you to search for the rules of the game that interests you most on our NativeCasinos website. We’ll gladly teach you all the peculiarities so that you start winning as soon as you learn the rules!